Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Coming Soon

As if Pride and Prejudice and Zombies wasn't enough, two weeks from now Quirk Books will be releasing an heirloom edition to add a certain dignity to your bookshelf. This hardcover edition contains more colour illustrations the previous did not have (and more historically accurate, I might add!). I should hopefully have more info on Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Deluxe Edition in the oncoming weeks to let any fans know any gruesome details!

Also out now from Quirk is Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters which I still haven't gotten my tentacles on but am still very eager to read. Are there any readers out there who can give their review of this latest Austen monster mash?

5 comments:

  1. I loved P & P and Z but have struggled more with S & S and Sea Monsters. I read an article from the author in Slate which said that the proportion of 15% Grahame-Smith in the former was changed to 40% in the latter, and I think that makes a big difference. So far I feel like a person trying to listen to one radio station while another keeps coming through irksomely. As of now I have left off on S & S and Sea Monsters and have decided to pick up Sense and Sensibility itself, which I am enjoying much more. Word to Quirk: Late come wannabes only deserve 15% of the glory when paired with geniuses like Jane Austin. Better luck next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reviews I've read are mostly like Paul's -- P&P&Z? Fresh, exciting, surprisingly true to the original (except for the 1904-era illustrations -- good to hear they might be fixing that to some extent?); S&S&SM (heh - sounds dirty)? Coat-tails-rider, mangles the original, not as fun. I loved P&P&Z; will probably not even bother with the sea monsters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting! Maybe I should be in no rush then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear - I already think P&P&Z sucks - definitely not going to try the other ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to read P & P and Z, I just couldn't get into it.

    ReplyDelete