Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hunk Alert: Paul Sandby


SWM, cartographer, artist, and member of the Royal Academy looking for woman who enjoys the great outdoors.
Likes: Landscapes, gardening, Scotland, and carictures.

I think I am a great example of the Enlightened man. Hiking through the Scottish Highlands, sketching along the way, and even adding little notes about improvements. What better way could a man make due with his time? When I am not creating maps you might find me painting landscapes of the king's properties or heckling William Hogarth. Oops did I say that out loud? So yes, landscapes, painting, Enlightened and so on.

I am looking for a lady who doesn't tire out easily; you must be sturdy enough for long walks. You also must love to travel and know when to give me time to myself to work. Please write back soon before I become too much of a lonesome mountain man!

10 comments:

  1. Mm... Mr Sandby... I don't see a problem with the mountain man plan at all if you want to wander the mountains with me! And when you are sketching so wonderfully, I would be happy to 'mend your quills' for you, if you'll let me... Any time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Yes, both the post and response are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Paul Sandby finally made it here! I fell for him years ago at the Tate.

    (Kinda like ol' George Coussmaker at the Met. Museums are dangerous places for me.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a feeling we would have a lot of fun visiting a museum together, Polonaise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh Tina you might have a rival...perhaps he needs a model for his sketches?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe, Heather! Sounds good--I always arrive early, am one of the last to leave and need to be to be restrained while I'm there! (Especially in the Period Rooms.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're all too late. already got him. he's my captive! :-D

    http://leylandmanordiary.blogspot.com/2009/10/darling-of-week_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo very true, you may have won the race but you might have to hold on tight to your captive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think he sounds a dreadful bore. I mean, could you stand being "Enlightened" at all hours of the day? I could not. You can have him.

    ReplyDelete