Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Familiar Figurines

For those parents/aunts/uncles/godparents etc who like to nudge children in the right direction in terms of (historical) interest I have discovered some Playmobil selections for you to spread the influence with.  I have past posts on subliminally influencing children to follow the path of Enlightenment.  Perhaps you can follow up your 18th century children's book selections with toys.  Anyhow, in my course for wasting valuable time today I found some Playmobil figures that reminds me of some friends of ours.
Look at their little toy fans! A boudoir complete with a unicorn and crown... Does anything scream "Madame DuBarry" more?  And such a brash yellow-gold on a gown reminds me of Maria Josefa. I am also sure I've seen that hunky Marquess of Londonderry wearing that hat.

5 comments:

  1. I used to absolutely adore a bit of playmobil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I like reading your site, I've never commented before but I *had* to say this: I had that yellow-gowned playmobil as a child. Subliminal influence? It worked on me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually have the set containing the lady in the gold dress. It wasn't much of a 'set' though as she was the only thing in it. I think we also lost her head at one point..

    ReplyDelete
  4. See, it proves my point of subliminal influence!! Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOAH! Wish I had toys like that when I was younger! :)

    ReplyDelete